Sometimes an exchange may fail or "hang", for a variety of reasons. Most commonly:
- The exchange was completed but the app didn't update its status. Select the "refresh" icon at the top right corner of the exchange detail screen to force a refresh.
- The amount sent was over the variable minimum and maximum limits set by ShapeShift or Changelly.
- The transaction was sent with low fees, resulting in long confirmation times. An exchange can only be completed after your transaction is confirmed.
- You are exchanging from a coin that requires a higher number of confirmations. Even if your transaction is confirmed, the exchange may be put on hold until a minimum number of confirmations. This is regulated by Shapeshift/Changelly, not by us.
- Possible coin-specific delays.
- Other network related reasons
- Maintenance of a specific coin pair by Coinomi or the exchange.
- Not being logged in with ShapeShift (more information here)
First, consult this article about the status of your exchange and instructions for each case: HOW TO - Check the status of an exchange I performed in Coinomi
If you identified any problem using the guide above, please open a ticket at ShapeShift Support or Changelly Support, and provide them with the transaction ID of the failed exchange (in text form), or the address you sent funds to. In case of Changelly, also provide an address of the coin you sent, where you wish to receive a refund. Our exchange partners will review your case and will refund your transactions upon confirmation of the failed exchange.
Note: If your exchange history is not visible for any reason, or the failed exchange is not showing up on that list, you will find the transaction in the main tab of the coin you exchanged - the list of all send and receive transactions is shown there, and that includes the exchange transactions.