How to access Matic/Polygon Network tokens.
Created by: Brendon Spencer
Modified on: Sun, 10 Oct, 2021 at 10:37 PM
Ethereum and Ethereum token wallets can only show transactions on the Ethereum network. The "Matic/Polygon Network" is not Ethereum and cannot send real ETH or real Ethereum tokens. If you sent any Matic/Polygon Network transaction to your Ethereum address, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the page https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
- For security, turn internet off from your device so that it's completely offline
- At the top of the page, enter all words of your Coinomi recovery phrase
- From the "Coin" option, select "Ethereum"
- Scroll down to the "Derivation Path" section of the page and select "BIP32"
- From the "Client" option, select "Coinomi, Ledger"
- Scroll down to the list of addresses on the page. If you entered the correct details above, the first address will be your Ethereum address in Coinomi. If it isn't, please reload the page and start the instructions over
- To the right hand side of the address you will see its public key, then its private key. Copy the private key
- Install the Trust Wallet app
- Select "I already have a wallet", then "Polygon", then "Private key"
- Paste there the private key you copied on step 8 and confirm.
- Close the page opened on step 1
- Done, this will give you access to the assets received on the Matic/Polygon network and you can send them back to the exchange so you can use the correct network.
To prevent further problems, only receive Ethereum and Ethereum tokens using the Ethereum (ERC20) network. Only receive Bitcoin in the BTC network. Other networks are not Ethereum or Bitcoin and will not show up in your wallet.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.