If, for any reason, you must access your Coinomi Ethereum wallet via MyEtherWallet (MEW), follow the instructions below. These steps simply allow MEW to access the ETH and tokens you have in Coinomi. Your funds remain in their current addresses, unless you explicitly make a transaction using the site.
- Due to an increase in phishing attempts, it is very important that you verify the SSL certificate and URL. It should look like this:
2. Select "Mnemonic Phrase" and enter your Coinomi Recovery Phrase (Find it by clicking on .../Settings/Show Recovery Passphrase) in the corresponding field. Leave the "Password" field blank, it is not related to your Coinomi password. Only use it if you enabled the extra BIP39 word/phrase in Coinomi (There will be a message denoting so, when you click on .../Settings/Show Recovery Passphrase). Click on "Unlock".
3. Select the Ledger (ETH) HD derivation path, as Coinomi uses the same specifciation. A list with the ETH addresses that derive from your seed and their corresponding balances appear. Select the address you want to send from. Your Coinomi address should be the very first one. If it isn't, you did something wrong. Then click on "Unlock your wallet"
Note: if you have more than one Ethereum wallet, you must choose "custom path" and write m/44'/60'/1' or m/44'/60'/2' and so on, to match the derivation path of your Coinomi wallet.
Note 2: if you want to access your Ethereum Classic (ETC) wallet, you must choose "custom path" and write m/44'/61'/0' or m/44'/61'/1' and so on, to match the derivation path of your Coinomi ETC wallet.
That's it, MEW is now able to access ETH and tokens in your Coinomi wallet, and make transactions or interact with contracts if necessary.
If you want to send ETH or tokens, do the following:
1. Enter the address you want to send ETH or tokens to, and the amount. In most cases you will not need to tamper with Gas Limits and extra data. However some contracts might require different values and/or data, so please consult the appropriate documentation provided by them and adjust your inputs accordingly.
Note: Token-specific options are situated on the right hand side of the screen. To send tokens, you will need to have at least 0.01 ETH in your account to cover the cost of fees, as tokens themselves cannot be used to pay for gas.
2. When you are ready to send, click on "Generate Transaction".
3. Click on "Send Transaction"
4. Confirm by clicking on "Yes I am sure".