In this guide we will explain everything you need to know about the BitTorrent (BTT) token migration and how to swap your current BTT (TRC10) for the new BTT (TRC20)! *Coinomi does not currently support TRC20 tokens so you will need to hold these in another wallet for the time being until we add TRC20 support. The Tronlink wallet we will use in this guide is a great option.
What is happening to BitTorrent (BTT)?
BitTorrent Inc. recently announced the launch of BitTorrent Chain mainnet (BTTC). The BitTorrent token (BTT) will be redenominated from a TRC10 token to a TRC20 token. The new BTT tokens on the BitTorrent Chain will be referred to as BitTorrent (BTT), while the old TRC10 BTT tokens will be renamed as BTTOLD (BTTOLD).
How do I swap my BTTOLD to the new TRC20 BTT?
Outlined below are instructions on how to import your TRON private key into the TronLink wallet to swap BTTOLD for the new BTT. This process requires you to use a desktop browser and the Tronlink extension.
Before you begin, you will need to add the TronLink browser extension which you can find on the TronLink website here: https://www.tronlink.org/. If you need help setting it up, you can use this guide from the TronLink website: How to download TronLink Chrome and create a wallet?.
Once you've added the TronLink browser extension, here are the steps to send your BTTOLD to TronLink and swap for the new BTT:
1. Export your Coinomi TRON private key following the instructions here: TRON Private keys
2. Now you have your private key you need to open the Tronlink wallet extension and click your account name in the top left corner:
3. Click on 'Restore':
4. Type a new 'account name' and continue:
5. Select 'Private key':
6. Paste in your TRON private key and press 'continue':
7. Now that your BTTOLD has been imported into your TronLink account, navigate to the BitTorrent Chain Wallet website.
8. Click on 'connect wallet' top-right and then 'connect to Tronlink':
9. Select Tronlink:
10. A pop-up request will appear for connection to your Tronlink wallet. Select CONNECT:
11. You will then be redirected back to BitTorrent Chain site. Once there, click on Swap BTT:
12. A) Enter the amount you would like to swap B) Check amount then 'confirm swap'
13. Another pop-up will show asking you to sign the transaction. Press Sign
14. A confirmation will show confirming the transaction has been submitted. Press 'DONE'
15. Return to Tronlink and select 'asset management'
16. Click the + next to the BTT token and return to your Tronlink overview.That's it! You now have the swapped your BTTOLD to BTT(TRC20) successfuly! You may now use the new tokens as you see fit.
If you have any questions regarding this guide please reach out to our support directly in the app or via support.coinomi.com - Our support response time is second to none!